Employees are the future of your business, so it’s essential that you recruit the very best, provide first class training and offer a rewarding career that encourages loyalty and commitment.
Apprenticeships - what exactly are they?
Around 250,000 apprentices are working for businesses like yours right now. Apprentices learn while they work, so their knowledge is up-to-date. Because their training is on the job, the practical skills they gain are the ones that are right for your business.
Apprentices learn through a combination of on and off-the-job education and training. On the job they work alongside your staff, and the rest they learn from our highly qualified industry experienced tutors, usually on a day release basis.
Apprenticeships - what are the benefits to employers?
As well as helping you to keep your competitive advantage by training staff now and equipping them with the skills your business will need for the future, there are a number of other benefits:
- high quality training to industry recognised standards
- subsidised training directly relevant to your business and delivered by experts who fully understand what you do
- skills specific to your industry
- progression planning, allowing you to invest in your business’ future and avoid skill shortages in your workforce
- improved staff retention
- flexible and motivated staff who are keen to learn
- a more responsive and motivated workforce
The AGE 16 to 24 year olds is aimed at helping eligible employers to offer young people employment through the Apprenticeship programme, by providing wage grants to assist employers in recruiting their first apprentice.
The National Apprenticeship Service will provide up to 40,000 Apprenticeship grants to small - medium sized employers recruiting 16 to 24 year olds with a value of £1,500 to encourage new employers to take on new apprentices.
The £1,500 is in addition to the training costs of the Apprenticeship framework which are met in full for young people aged 16 to 18 and 50% for those aged 19 to 24.
Contact us on 0191 427 3900 for more details or to see if you are eligible for the Apprenticeship Grant.
Why choose South Tyneside College Apprenticeships?
We have many years of experience delivering apprenticeship programmes across a wide range of vocational areas. We provide the necessary support and fund all the training required for successful completion of the apprenticeship programme. Furthermore, we place important emphasis on building a three way relationship between the apprentice, you and ourselves. To ensure success, work based assessors will regularly monitor and review the progress of your apprentice, involving you fully at every stage.
Other benefits of choosing to work with us include:
- training programmes planned and designed to meet your needs and those of the individual
- off the job training to support learning which is taking place in the work place assessment of trainee competence in the workplace
- monitoring of trainee progress and providing help and support where necessary
- working with national awarding bodies such as City and Guilds, to award nationally recognised qualifications to trainees.
You can also visit the official Apprenticeship Website.