"To be an outstanding college providing world class education and training."
Preparing people for the future.
As an employer and a learning organisation, we will:
- aim to be excellent in all that we do
- celebrate diversity and the rights of others
- act with integrity - fairly, openly and transparently
- be welcoming and approachable to all
- Provide high quality teaching and learning.
- Create a high quality learning environment.
- Be financially sound, modernise and grow, providing outstanding value for money.
- Provide a curriculum that meets the needs of all stakeholders
- Work in partnership with employers, agencies and the community.
South Tyneside College is committed to providing an educational environment where all learners feel safe, secure, valued and respected and believes that young people have the right to protection from all forms of abuse, neglect or exploitation. The responsibility of protecting young people and vulnerable adults lies with all employees of the College including the Principal, senior managers, middle managers, permanent and temporary staff.
The College aims to ensure that all adults who may have unsupervised access to the above student groups are deemed fit to work with them. It also acknowledges its responsibility to safeguard staff in light of recent legislation and will provide clear guidelines and systems regarding staff responsibilities towards the protection of young people and vulnerable adults. Our commitment to the above principles is reflected in the College’s key policies.