BTEC Higher National Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
The course is aimed at candidates with BTEC National Certificate or equivalent who wish to proceed to HNC.
First year units:
- Business Management Techniques
- Engineering Science
- Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Engineering Design
- Electrical & Electronic Principles
Second year units:
- Digital & Analogue Devices & Circuits
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Control Systems & Automation
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma in Engineering
- Completion of approved bridging course
- Other suitable qualifications or experience
BTEC Higher National Certificate in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic)
On successful completion of this course students would be able to progress to BTEC Higher National Diploma or a Degree at University.
For more information about student loans and grants visit Student Finance England
£2000 per year
We do everything we can to help you succeed. We treat all our students as individuals, so we’ll help and support you during your time with us in whatever way suits you best. Whether you need lots of help or a little, our outstanding support systems will help you to achieve your potential.
South Tyneside College, South Shields campus is within easy reach of the Tyneside Metro (Chichester Station) and is situated on main bus routes. Car parking is available on site. Please see our ‘contact us’ section for details.