IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely
The IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely is a course for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation. It's designed to give managers and supervisors all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their areas of operation. The flexible new high impact programme covers all the main health and safety issues, and includes a session tackling the environment too. The award comes from the Chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Duration: 27 Hours (9 week programme).
- Attendance: Thursday 3.30pm–6.30pm (other sessions may be available dependent on demand: Tuesday 1pm-4pm)
- Location: Westoe Campus, St Georges Avenue, South Shields, NE34 6ET.
- Course Dates: 7th February 2013 (specific dates and times are dependent on sufficient numbers of candidates as soon as possible).
- Fee: £300 including examination fee.
**Corporate courses can be provided based on the needs of the organisation.
The course lasts for 27 hours in total and is delivered over 9 weeks during the day or as an evening course and has eight modules:
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
Assessment is through written assessment and workplace based risk assessment.
There are no academic entry requirements.
IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely.
This qualification could lead to entry on to the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
How to apply:
Please contact Student Services on 0191 427 3900, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We do everything we can to help you succeed. We treat all our students as individuals, so we’ll help and support you during your time with us in whatever way suits you best. Whether you need lots of help or a little, our outstanding support systems will help you to achieve your potential.
South Tyneside College, South Shields campus is within easy reach of the Tyneside Metro (Chichester Station) and is situated on main bus routes. Car parking is available on site.