The aim of the training at this level is to equip the trainee officer with the fundamental knowledge and skills to keep a safe navigational watch and to use radar, ARPA and other navigational aids to maintain safety of navigation.
- Basic principles of electronic navigational systems
- Loran C
- Satellite navigation systems
- Logs, Echo Sounders, Compasses and Steering Systems
- Radar and ARPA
- Bridge watchkeeping and teamwork
- Integrated Bridge Systems
This course is open to trainees working towards their first certificate.
For external candidates a distance learning module covering entry material is available for £250.