If you want to get straight in to employment, earn money and learn the practical skills and knowledge, then an apprenticeship could be the next step for your future.
Our apprenticeships are offered under our Tyne Coast College brand. Created in August 2017 following the merger of South Tyneside College with Tyne Metropolitan College, being part of a bigger, better, stronger college has enabled us to grow our apprenticeship offer, from our range of courses to the extensive array of employers we work with.
An apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to work for an employer, earn a salary AND get a qualification. Our apprenticeships are delivered in partnership with employers, so you can be sure all aspects of your programme are focused on giving you job-ready skills and experience. Our apprenticeships cover a range of sectors and are suitable for a range of levels and abilities - you can even study to degree level.
How much can you earn?
The minimum wage for apprentices is £4.81 per hour for your first year, though many employers pay more. After your first year this rises to the national minimum wage for your age, if you are 19 or older. You will work a minimum of 30 hours per week and are entitled to a minimum of 20 days of paid holidays a year, as well as bank holidays.
What are the benefits?
- Complete qualifications and training while being paid and receive the same benefits as your work colleagues
- Develop the knowledge skills and behaviours that are needed for you to succeed in your chosen career
- Work with experts who understand the industry you have chosen and have experience they can pass on to you
- 20% of your apprenticeship will be dedicated to off-the-job training where you will spend time developing your confidence and the knowledge required to complete your apprenticeship
OUR APPRENTICESHIP SUBJECTS INCLUDE:
- Business Administration
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Customer Services
- Digital Marketing
- Early Years (Childcare)
- Fabrication and Welding
- Hospitality and Catering
- Interior Systems
- Management and Team Leading
- Marine Port Operations Officer
- Motor Vehicle
- Marine Pilot
- Painting and Decorating
- Port Marine Officer
- Teaching Assistant
VIEW OUR CURRENT VACANCIES HERE.
EMPLOYER CASE STUDY
Michael O’Keeffe, Repair and Paint Technician at Mercedes Benz Newcastle
"Mercedes-Benz hand-picked me to become an apprentice in 2017, and I have never looked back! I have learnt polishing, painting, repairing, basically all the hands-on skills needed to do my job properly. I’d definitely recommend an apprenticeship, it has helped me see what I want to do in the future."