Situated on the riverside at South Shields, the Marine and Offshore Safety Training centre (MOST) has extensive facilities that have been developed to provide commercial marine courses that emulate the most realistic offshore environment.
Over 100 companies and over 3,000 students each year attend MOST courses, which is testament to the exceptional standard of training we provide. The centre incorporates a 16m by 10m, and 4m deep, environmental pool, which is used for survival training. It is equipped with a variable wave pattern generator, and wind, rain, light and sound effects.
A large, practical seamanship area is equipped with a wide range of shipboard equipment and models of ships’ structures and devices. Other accommodation includes modern classrooms, meeting rooms and full catering facilities.
We run weekly refresher and offshore courses at a competitive rate and you can see our upcoming course availability by clicking on the course of interest below then selecting book online.
For upcoming availability and prices, click HERE.
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
- Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System
- Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
- Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST)
- UK Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher (Route 1)
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher (Route 2)
- Fast Rescue Boat Refresher Route 1
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, Updating Training (Refresher Training)
- MCA STCW Medical Care Refresher L4
- Personal Survival Techniques Updating Training (Refresher Training)
- PSC and RB Updating Training (Route 1)
- PSC and RB Updating Training (Route 2)