This programme of study is a progression from the 90 credit Venue Performing/Studio Studies course and is broadly equivalent to 3 GCSE AS Levels and is particularly suited for those interested in music performance, music technology and the music industry.
The course provides a programme of study manageable in a year so that learners can bank and then build on their achievement, and will give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
You will study a range of subjects such as music performance, producing live sound and recording music, the music industry and music theory. There are also many regular performances during the academic year at South Tyneside College's music venue and at external venues such as South Shields Amphitheatre as part of the summer festival.
- Unit D8: Using Development Plans To Refine Skills
- Unit D9: Producing A Personal Project
- Unit D10: Using Material For Self Promotion and Networking
- E11: Undertaking a defined technical role
- E12: Using creative collaboration to develop a project
- E13: Producing a collaborative project
First year Level 3 qualification in Music (90 credit).
Units are assessed throughout the course through both internal and external moderation.
You can progress onto our level 4 HNC programme or other level 4 music courses.