Specialist units are designed to provide a specific occupational focus to the qualification and are aligned to vendor accredited certification
Students will study:
- Unit 1 Programming
- Unit 2 Networking
- Unit 3 Professional Practice
- Unit 4 Database Design and Development
- Unit 5 Security
- Unit 6 Managing a Successful Computing Project
- Unit 9 Software Development Lifecycles
- Unit 10 Website Design and Development
A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Computing achieving Merit overall or a GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject achieving a Merit overall.
Related work or industry experience
An international equivalent of the above
Learners will be assessed through written coursework and controlled assessment.
Students may progress into employment, a foundation degree or gain direct access on to a number of full undergraduate degree courses.