This qualification is intended primarily for learners in the 14–19 age group to gain an introductory understanding of art and design through painting, drawing, fashion, graphic design and sculpture supported by contextual studies.
- Unit 1: Introduction to Specialist Pathways in Art and Design 30 GLH Internal
- Unit 2: Creative Project in Art and Design 30 GLH External
- Unit 6: Investigating Contextual References in Art and Design 30 GLH Internal
- Unit 7: Recording for Creative Intentions in Art and Design 30 GLH External
- Unit 10: Fashion Briefs 60 GLH Internal
- Unit 13: Visual Arts Briefs 60 GLH Internal
An interest in art and design
Each unit is internally assessed at its end and includes two external assessments.
With the addition of two more Level 2 units to gain a BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate you can progress on to a Level 3 Foundation Diploma in art and design