This 4 day STCW Medical First Aid course is for learners who are designated to provide medical first aid on board ship, the essential education and training to meet the knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency requirements set out In Table A-VI/4-1 of the STCW code.
The qualification is a pre-requisite for the issue of the first Certificate of Competency and is also required for progression for Medical Care Onboard.
There are no pre-requisites in terms of prior training.
- A valid Passport for proof of identity in required, British citizens who do not have a valid passport may provide a UK photo driving licence or a UK Government issued photo identity document
- Learners must be fit and able to complete all aspects of practical exercises.
During the course the learner will be continually assessed on a number of topic such as:-
- Spinal injuries
- Burns and Scalds
- The effects of temperature cold/hot
- Fractures, dislocation and muscular injuries
- Telemedical advice service
- Cardiac arrest,
- Drowning and Asphyxia
Please note that any STCW training does not provide direct employment opportunities within the Merchant Navy sector. The training provided on this course is to supplement your existing skills and experience and hence enable you to meet the safety requirements. You are advised to review the range of employment opportunities available for a match with your current skill set.
Please note: If you are not an EU passport holder, you will require a Student Visitor Visa to attend any course at Tyne Coast College.
Could you please contact the Marine Booking office on tel: 0191 4273772 or email: email@example.com to book your place and also arrange your Visa letter.
The College accepts no responsibility if you book your place online but have not obtained a Student Visitor Visa resulting in non-attendance. Refunds will not be given in this instance.