This ½ day STCW Updated Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats Route 1, must be completed every 5 years by seafarers and gives all those seeking updating training the essential education and training set out in Table A-VI/2-1.
Seafarers holding a Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSC&RB) certificate and who have maintained the required standard of competence, by on board training and experience, for all competencies listed in the self-declaration form.
Note* See below link for Self declaration form page 16 Annex C
Learners who are undertaking this training:-
- Proof of completing Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats training
- Learners are requested to provide a signed self-declaration form as pre-requisite to attending the Update Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat Route 1 course.
- Learner must be fit to participate in all aspects of the training
- Valid Passport for proof of identity. British citizens who do not have a valid passport may provide a UK photo driving licence or a UK Government issued photo identity document
During the course the learner will be continually assessed on a number of topic such as:-
- Must identify the dangers associated with the use of off-load and on-load release devices
- Demonstrate the correct operation of off-load and on-load release devices, including the correct resetting of both types of release devices
- Safely operate a survival craft engine
Upon successful completion of the course, all learners are issued with an STCW Updated Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats
Please note that any STCW training does not provide direct employment opportunities within the Merchant Navy sector. The training provided on this course is to supplement your existing skills and experience and hence enable you to meet the safety requirements. You are advised to review the range of employment opportunities available for a match with your current skill set.
Please note: If you require a Student Visitor Visa to attend any course at Tyne Coast College.
Could you please contact the Marine Booking office on tel: 0191 4273772 or email: MarineBooking@tynecoast.ac.uk to book your place and also arrange your Visa letter.
The College accepts no responsibility if you book your place online but have not obtained a Student Visitor Visa resulting in non-attendance. Refunds will not be given in this instance.