This 1 day STCW Updated Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats Route 2, must be completed every 5 years to provide evidence of having maintained the required standard of competence to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities in table AV1/2-1 of the STCW code by seafarers who have not undergone the required updating training on board ship and wish to undertake the full updating training.
Learners who are undertaking this training:-
- Proof of completing Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats training
- Learner must be fit to participate in all aspects of the training
- Valid Passport for proof of identity. British citizens who do not have a valid passport may provide a UK photo driving licence or a UK Government issued photo identity document
During the course the learner will be continually assessed on a number of topic such as:-
- Must identify the dangers associated with the use of off-load and on-load release devices
- Demonstrate the correct operation of off-load and on-load release devices, including the correct resetting of both types of release devices
- Identify and explain the correct operation of Fall Prevention/Secondary Safety Devices or their equivalent
- Safely operate a survival craft engine
Upon successful completion of the course, all learners are issued with an STCW Updated Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats
Please note that any STCW training does not provide direct employment opportunities within the Merchant Navy sector. The training provided on this course is to supplement your existing skills and experience and hence enable you to meet the safety requirements. You are advised to review the range of employment opportunities available for a match with your current skill set.
Please note: If you require a Student Visitor Visa to attend any course at Tyne Coast College.
Could you please contact the Marine Booking office on tel: 0191 4273772 or email: MarineBooking@tynecoast.ac.uk to book your place and also arrange your Visa letter.
The College accepts no responsibility if you book your place online but have not obtained a Student Visitor Visa resulting in non-attendance. Refunds will not be given in this instance.
If you do not hold an STCW Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats please see link below:-