This is a three-day course, which has MCA approval and is based upon IALA model course C0103-4. It normally runs Tuesday to Thursday 09:00-17:00 with breaks for lunch and refreshments. Note: please read your joining email for actual course dates.
It is designed to assist candidates in delivering effective On the Job Training (C0103-3) in VTS centres. On completion candidates should have a clear and thorough understanding of the specific on the job training objectives.
Areas of study include:
- Creation and development of training programmes
- Evaluation of training programmes
- Instructional techniques used to deliver training programmes
- Communication skills required to conduct a successful briefing and debriefing
- Assessing the performance of a student against the training objectives
- Development of coaching and mentoring skills
- Maintaining training records.
Entry Requirements top
There are no required prerequisite qualifications, however this course is designed for Harbour Maters, Assistant Harbour Masters, VTS Supervisors, and VTS Operators who are involved in training at their VTS centre.
Professional Opportunities top
This qualification (or recognised equivalent) is required by many VTS centres for employees who deliver in house VTS training (C0103-3).