advice and enrolment
We are so pleased to be welcoming our students back onsite for their courses this month, but if you still haven't found the right course for you, don't worry. There's still time to pop in and have a chat with our team of advisors who will be able to help you make the right decisions for your future.
Pop in every weekday from 10am-4pm and you'll be able to:
- Chat with our student advisors
- Get more information from course tutors about your chosen course
- Find out about the support we have available for our students, including any financial support
- Enrol ready to start this month!
To find our which courses you can study, click HERE to view our guide.
why choose us?
The best in Tyneside. Fact.
Did you know we are officially the highest Ofsted rated college in Tyneside? That means when it comes to your education, you’ve picked the best!
More than just a qualification
When it comes to your next steps, we know it’s about more than just the qualification. That’s why we have employment-focused courses, unrivalled support and guidance, dedicated subject experts and an environment you’ll thrive in. You get the whole employment package with us.
Skills and knowledge employers are looking for
We have worked closely with our employer partners so we know exactly what they are looking for from the next generation of trained professional. Together, we have developed practical, handson courses that will guarantee you have the industry expertise, practical skills and the know how to use them so you stand out from the crowd and get ahead of the game in the employment market.
Investment in the best facilities
We have invested heavily in providing state-of-the-art facilities in every single curriculum area, so our students can excel and succeed in their chosen profession. No matter which course you decide to enrol on you’ll be learning your trade in industry standard facilities, preparing you for the world of work.
Lively campus life
We believe that coming to college should be more than just about a qualification and studying. It’s about developing your personal skills, supporting your physical and mental wellbeing, building your confidence, as well as getting you work ready. That’s why there’s loads to do on campus when you’re not busy studying.
Our Tyne Coast College Students’ Union representatives work across South Tyneside College, TyneMet College South Shields Marine School and Queen Alexandra Sixth Form. As a member of our Students’ Union you can get involved in loads of activities held throughout the year. As well as all the fun stuff, you get to have your say about college life. The best part is you can get involved as much or as little as you want – there’s no pressure.
In other words – employment experience. Employers want to know you can handle the world of work once you finish studying with us, and our work experience placements help demonstrate that. Many of our students who complete successful work experience placements go on to secure full time employment and this could be you!
Close to local transport links
Located close to main Metro and bus routes, it’s never been easier to make your way to our campus. And don’t forget we are only 10 minutes from the beach and South Shields town centre where you’ll find a range of shops and restaurants for some after college retail therapy and relaxation.
Take a look at our TV Advert
what you will need to have handy to get you enrolled:
- Personal information (Name, date of birth, address, email, phone number, school attended)
- Two emergency contacts – name, telephone number and email address of someone who would collect you if you are taken ill and a second contact that is your legal guardian
- Exam information – details of predicted grades and chosen subject details (results to be uploaded in August for year 11)
Personal information (Name, date of birth, address, email, phone number)
Details of your highest qualification
Payment of course fee:
- Payment (if applicable) – if paying by direct debit your full bank details are required
- Evidence you have been approved for / applied for an Advanced Learner Loan (if applicable)
- Purchase Order or confirmation letter from your company if they are paying the fees
- Evidence of Work Related Benefits Job Seekers or Employment Support Allowance (work related) – the Benefit Delivery Centre tel: 0845 6088637 can provide you with evidence of any benefits you are currently receiving
Higher Education student
- Confirmation of your Student Loan/Grant
- Details of any previous courses of study, including other HE provision
If you have any questions regarding enrolment, the enrolment process, your course or any other queries, head to LiveChat at the bottom right-hand side of your screen and an advisor will be able to help you.
You’ve enrolled on your course, received your confirmation email and logged into your personal account. So, what happens next? Well you enjoy your (extended!) summer and get ready to start with us in September.
To help you get excited about starting your journey with us, we will send you your very own welcome pack through the post containing plenty of goodies, vouchers to use on campus when you start and some useful information about college life, term dates and useful contacts.
If you have any questions before the start of term, head to LiveChat where one of our advisors will be able to help you.