Mission, vision, values
Our mission, vision and values drive our delivery of first-class provision and show a clear commitment of support to all students equally.
With a mission to provide outstanding educational opportunities, we will benefit learners and the communities we serve. Doing so will satisfy our vision to grow further as a world-class educational facility, operating with a focus that develops the potential of all.
Following these paths will allow us to play a key role in ensuring the long-term prosperity of our region, through the creation of skills that drive economic growth.
Our values are clear:
- We believe in being a strong community presence
- We believe every student should achieve their potential
- We value professionalism, commitment, and excellence in our staff
- We believe the needs of employers should shape our curriculum
- We will make a significant positive impact on the local, regional and national economy
- We welcome and include everyone in our community and value individuality and diversity
Alongside these are key principles, such as being robust so that we can affect change - working to align to the North East LEP priorities is key to this - and being positioned to influence and further shape the skills agenda in partnership with employers and business and funding bodies.
We also aim to:
- Work to a five-year plan, with a focus on growth opportunities and curriculum innovation, opening new routeways to skills for learners
- Further develop a curriculum strategy that is well connected to the needs of employers, and strengthen our internationally recognised specialism in maritime training
- Be financially outstanding, with a diverse income base and capital investment, creating opportunities to grow and develop new provision
- Be efficient and financially resilient through exceptional leadership and management, allowing us to grow and develop in the years ahead
- Develop curriculum innovation and specialisation, enhance capacity for investment to align provision to the devolution and sub-regional skills and economic agenda
- Develop a single apprenticeship brand based upon existing strong track records at Tyne Metropolitan College and South Tyneside College, building a strong and unique offer for employers
- Significantly improve the learning opportunities, experience and environment for every student, enabling them to be first choice for employers and universities