This part time qualification is intended to provide an understanding of the sector and the vocational skills and knowledge required at level 2 in make up and eye treatments It is an introduction to the hair and beauty sector and provides an awareness of the range of job opportunities and work settings with in the industry and will enable candidates to make informed decisions regarding career paths in this exciting and vibrant industry.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Unit 201 Working in beauty related industries
- Unit 202 Follow health and safety in the salon
- Unit 203 Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Unit 209 Apply make-up
- Unit 210 Provide eyelash and brow treatments
The course will involve a mixture of both theory and practical.
No entry requirements.
The assessments for the qualification require the candidates to undertake:
• Practical tasks which will be observed
• Knowledge and understanding assignments
Successful students can progress onto City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
Kit will be provided.